World Patient Safety Day 2020
Recognizing patient safety as a key health priority, on 25 May 2019, at its 72nd session, the World Health Assembly adopted resolution WHA72.6 “Global Patient Safety Action” and declared 17 September World Patient Safety Day.
The goal of World Day is to raise global awareness of patient safety and to foster international solidarity in action to increase it and reduce harm to patients around the world.
Key message from World Patient Safety Day 2020: “Speak up for health worker safety!”
Within the framework of the World Day for Patient Safety, organized by the Ministry of Health of Russia, Roszdravnadzor and the WHO Representative Office in the Russian Federation, the following events are planned in our country in 2020:
- All-Russian Olympiad on Safety in Health Care – identifying the level of competencies in various areas of ensuring the safety of medical activities;
- Interactive voting for patients and healthcare professionals on topical patient safety issues – analysis of awareness of priority issues related to safety in receiving and providing medical care;
- All-Russian competition “Leader of quality in healthcare” – the competition is held for teams of healthcare professionals who have implemented successful projects aimed at improving the quality and safety of medical activities;
- Thematic press conferences (briefings) on patient safety with the participation of representatives of the healthcare management body of the constituent entities of the Russian Federation, territorial bodies of Roszdravnadzor, as well as leading medical, scientific and educational organizations in the field of healthcare;
- Conducting regional thematic events dedicated to World Patient Safety Day: interactive workshops, open lectures, educational seminars and webinars, scientific and practical conferences, thematic meetings, “open days”, meetings with the public, flash mobs and other events, including initiatives on drawing the attention of patients and their relatives to the issues of responsibility for their own health and other measures, including initiatives to draw the attention of patients and their relatives to the issues of responsibility for their own health.
Information and methodological materials, as well as an interactive map of the events planned within the framework of the World Patient Safety Day in the constituent entities of the Russian Federation are presented on the website of the Federal State Budgetary Institution “National Institute for Quality” of Roszdravnadzor http://nqi-russia.ru/ in the section “World Patient Safety Day”.
For all questions related to the preparation and support of events dedicated to the World Patient Safety Day, please contact the contact center of the Federal State Budgetary Institution “National Institute of Quality” of Roszdravnadzor by phone +7 (495) 980-29-35 (add. 0) or by email